In Part One I outlined the goals of this series. This article will go over what eventually happened when I decided to rework my source control system. As of the beginning of this process, I have a bit of a mixed architecture in regard to source control. For my open source project (which I’ll reveal in a later blog post once I’ve cleaned up the code enough for it to not be embarrassing), I use github, as I find it to be the best place to host that sort of thing. For my internal projects (hacky scripts for various things, websites for other people, utility code, etc.), I tend to use VisualSVN, which is currently running on my “server”. Finally, for an upcoming partner project, I’m using Bitbucket. All three approaches work rather well, but I’m mostly irritated with Subversion. I had initially intended to keep source control on my internal server, but after some thought, I realized that really adds a lot of work I’m not interested in doing. Specifically, the following are the issues I have with it.